RinggitPlus.com (“RinggitPlus”) view and treat your Personal Data seriously.
1. Collection and Use of Personal Data
2. Personal Data that RinggitPlus may collect
When you register to become a user of RinggitPlus’ website or send information via our official WhatsApp communications channel, we may collect a variety of your Personal Data, which may include your:
- National registration identity card number;
- Race, ethnic origin and religious beliefs;
- Postal address;
- Telephone number (home, mobile, office);
- Email address;
- Contact preferences;
- Employer details and / or supporting documents;
- Income and / or supporting documents;
- Physical or mental health or medical condition;
- Medical preference;
- Hobbies, pastimes, sports, shopping, digital lifestyle and restaurant preferences;
- Social Media account Username;
- Frequency of travel;
- Mobile line / Carrier provider;
- Smartphone brand preferences;
- Banking needs & preferences;
- Preferred media channels;
- Insurance needs & preferences;
- Utilities supplier;
- Marital status;
- Residential status;
- Car ownership and / or supporting documents;
- Investment preferences;
- Location Data
- Family and household information and Credit card details
- Physical or Digital Signatures
- Biometric Identifiers (such as thumbprints or voice identification) and URL
- Information on commission or alleged commission of any offence or proceedings for any offence committed or alleged to have been committed, the disposal of such proceedings or the sentence of any court in such proceedings.
The list of Personal Data stated above is not exhaustive and may include other personal data depending on the nature of dealings or transaction. The request for these other personal data will be indicated on the relevant form that you need to fill in, depending on the nature of the dealings or transactions, and for which you would need to give consent to prior to us processing the same.
3. How RinggitPlus use your Personal Data
Your Personal Data that RinggitPlus collect allows us to process the necessary transaction in relation to our services that you have opted for. Listed below are details of how RinggitPlus use your personal data.
3.1 RinggitPlus collects, uses discloses, and otherwise processes your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- responding to your queries and requests; and responding to complaints;
- managing the infrastructure and our business operations and complying with our internal policies and procedures;
- verifying your identity;
- protecting and enforcing our contractual and legal rights and obligations;
- conducting audits, reviews and analysis of our internal processes, action planning and managing commercial risks;
- complying with any applicable rules, laws and regulations, codes of practice or guidelines or to assist in law enforcement and investigations by relevant authorities; and/ or
- any other purpose relating to any of the above.
3.2 In addition, RinggitPlus may collect, use, disclose and otherwise process your Personal Data for the following purposes, depending on the nature of our relationship with you:
- if you have a subscription or membership account with RinggitPlus;
- to optimize and customize your user experience with our website and chatbot;
- to process your application for online subscription services;
- to maintain your account with us;
- to verify and process your personal details and payments in relation to provision of online subscription service to you;
- to provide you with the services which you have signed up for;
- to provide you the products which you have paid for;
- to keep you posted on RinggitPlus's latest services or product announcements and upcoming events.
- resolving complaints and handling requests and enquiries;
- conducting market research for statistical, profiling and statistical analysis for the improvement of services provided to you;
- to send important notices, emails, letters, short messaging service (SMS) and WhatsApp messages, like communications about purchases and changes to RinggitPlus’ terms, conditions, and policies.
- to share your Personal Data with third party providers for the purposes of (but not limited to) fulfillment of customer orders, processing and delivery of financial products to you.
- for any of the purposes relating to the above.
You hereby agree and understand that collection and processing of your Personal Data by RinggitPlus is not limited to facilitating the purchase of a single financial product. The purpose of such collection and retention and otherwise processing of Personal Data is towards RinggitPlus’ partnering/ assisting you in your financial journey. In order to assist you with other financial products in the future, we will retain your data even after the completion of the transaction. By filling in your Personal Data on our website, you expressly consent for the retention of the same. If you do not wish to have your Personal Data on our website, you may opt out by contacting our Privacy Officer indicated at the end of this Policy and Notice.
4. Impact Resulting from Failure to Supply Data
The failure to supply Personal Data may affect our ability to deliver optimised user experience service to our registered users. In addition, failure to provide certain essential Personal Data may result in us being unable to provide you with the services and/or products that you have opted for.
5. Disclosure of Personal Data
Personal Data provided to us will generally be kept confidential but you hereby consent and authorize us to provide or disclose your Personal Data to the following categories of parties:
A: any person or authority to whom we are compelled or required to do so under law, court order or in response to a competent or government agency;
B: any relevant financial institutions or banks that provide financial related products or services that are referred to them by us or that are featured on our website;
C: our business partners and online affiliates that provide the services that you have opted for or related services or products in connection with our website including, but not limited to market research firms, third party marketing entities, entities engaged in the financial related services, telecommunications, technology and car industry;
D: members of our Group companies and their affiliates;
E: government agencies and industry regulators;
F: our auditors, consultants, accountants, lawyers or other financial or professional advisers; and;
G: such sub-contractors or third party service or product providers as we may determine to be necessary or appropriate.
6. Protection of Personal Data
RinggitPlus takes the necessary precautions, both administrative and technical to safeguard your Personal Data against loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, usage, alteration or destruction.
RinggitPlus ensures that all information collected will be safely and securely stored. We use 128-bit SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) encryption technology when processing your financial details.
7. Retention of Personal Data and Access
8. Collection of Computer Data not necessarily Personal Data
When you visit RinggitPlus, our servers will automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. This information may include:
- Your device’s IP address
- Browser type
- GTM Event Tag
- Webpage you were visiting before you came to our website
- The pages within RinggitPlus that you visit
- The time spent on those pages, products and information searched for on our site, access times and dates, and other statistics
This information is collected for analysis and evaluation in order to help us improve our website and products we provide. Said information may be used in association with any other Personal Data.
In order for RinggitPlus to improve on the quality of its services and products as well as to customise user experience, we may track user behaviour on its websites by using “Cookies”. A cookie is a small text file that is stored on your computer that provide us with information about your online use of our website to help us customise your user experience and make our website more user friendly.
10. Data Transfer & Sharing
Where we consider it necessary or appropriate for the purposes of data storage or processing or providing any service or product on our behalf to you, we may transfer your Personal Data to another member of our Group companies or third party service or product providers within or outside the country in which we are established, under conditions of confidentiality and similar levels of security safeguards.
11. Your Rights of Access and Correction; and Rights of Withdrawal of Consent
You have the right to request access to and correction of data about you held by us and in this respect, you may:
A: check whether we hold or use your Personal Data and request access to such data;
B: request that we correct any of your Personal Data that is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date;
C: request that your Personal Data is retained by us only as long as necessary for the fulfilment of the purposes for which it was collected;
D: request that we specify or explain our policies and procedures in relation to data and types of Personal Data handled by us; and;
E: communicate to us your objection to the use of your Personal Data for marketing purposes whereupon we will not use your Personal Data for these purposes. Your non-consent may curtail our ability to perform some or all of the Purposes for which we have first collected your Personal Data; and;
F: withdraw, in full or in part, your consent given previously, in each case subject to any applicable legal restrictions, contractual conditions and a reasonable time period.
12. Visiting Our Website from Outside Malaysia
13. Use of WhatsApp Channel
RinggitPlus also uses WhatsApp as a channel for providing its financial services to the customer, which has end-to-end encryption between RinggitPlus and the customer.
Your use of Whatsapp as a channel to communicate with RinggitPlus is done at your own discretion and risk. We thus assume no responsibility for any errors or omissions in Whatsapp including but not limited to any issue arising from Whatsapp’s end to end encryption system. Further, RinggitPlus shall be in no event be liable to you or any third parties for any special, punitive, incidental, indirect or consequential damages of any kind, or any damages whatsoever, including, without limitation, those resulting from loss of use, lost data or profits, or any liability, arising out of or in connection with your use of Whatsapp.
14. Other Matters
If you have any questions regarding this policy, please contact the following:-
Vertical Corporate Tower B
Avenue 10, Bangsar South
No. 8 Jalan Kerinchi
59200 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Telephone: +60-3-7890 0808